One of the best ways to stay current in the environmental business is to participate in a variety of industry trade shows, organizations and events. We regularly participate, exhibit, volunteer and present at various regional and national events.
OHIO GIS USER GROUP Recent Meeting(s) 2019:
View January, 2019 (Save the date) Newsletter / Flyer / RSVP (Click Here)
For more information about the Ohio GIS USER GROUP or our GIS Services (Click Here)
NEXT: Ohio GIS USER GROUP MEETING for 2019
Location: CABELA’S POLARIS Columbus, OH
Friday, February 22, 2019; (10:00 AM – 2:30 AM)
Topic: Planning for 2019: The meeting will recap the February, 2019 ESRI Water Conference in Nashville, TN. Then we will review some of the most recent accomplishments experienced in 2018, specifically, successes with the Work Force Application and Asset Management. This will set the stage for establishing goals for 2019. Participants will be aided by a form to best assess where they are and provide ideas for where they may want to go next.
We will end the meeting by setting the agenda for the remainder of 2019 GIS User Group Meetings.
- ESRI Water Conference: February 4, 2019 – February 6, 2019 Nashville, TN. Presentation Title: “Billing System Integration with Work Force: Design and Deployment”. Ms. Kerry Zwierschke, Ph.D., P.E. Co-Presenting with Georgetown Municipal Water and Sewer Service.
Recent GIS USER GROUP Meeting(s):
1. February 16, 2018, Cabelas Polaris, Columbus, Ohio (10:00am to 2:30pm) Topics Discussed: Asset Management and Implementation of Senate Bill 2. We will work with you to develop “level of service” goals and the best way to track them through your GIS.
2. March 16, 2018 – a second meeting took place due to the popularity of SB2. Both meetings resulted in a number of Levels of Service Goals (LOS) being prepared with consideration given to metrics for tracking them over time.
3. June 8, 2018 we met at Highland County Water Company, Hillsboro, Ohio. Updates were given by the Ohio EPA for SB 2 and Asset Management. Case Studies were given how utilities are integrating ESRI apps to perform tasks associated with asset management. A deeper discussion was presented demonstrating integrations of mobile work orders, billing systems and asset management software.
4. September 14, 2018 we were hosted by the City of Canton, Water Department. Updates to SB2 (Asset Management) were given by the Ohio EPA. Case studies were presented from both Stark County and the City of Canton on AM and other applications. Deeper discussion was given to infrastructure and ArcGIS GeoEvent Server. The meeting wrapped up with a round table focusing on utilizing ESRI Story Maps in presentations and communications.
5. November 9, 2018: Ohio EPA Asset Management Update, Ohio Utility Case Studies Highlighted – How do we respond when things go wrong and can GIS help us in these situations. We’ll be looking at case studies at utilities relating to equipment failures, leaks and other failures that impact the operation of the system. We will discuss where things went wrong and share experiences about how to respond more effectively and discuss weaknesses in responses and actions that can be taken to improve responses to emergencies. Analysis of these case studies will be used to identify proactive actions that can be taken to minimize the impact of these unavoidable situations.
- ESRI Water Conference: January 29, 2018 – February 1, 2018 San Diego, CA. Presentation Title: “An Innovative Approach: Integrating Billing Software with ESRI Workforce to Create Operational Efficiencies”. B&W Presenter: Ms. Kerry Zwierschke, Ph.D., P.E.
- ESRI Water Webinar June, 2018: “It’s All About the Data: Improving Office to Field Workflows” – The Scioto Water One Work Force Application in Practice through Integration with the SSI Billing System. Additional ESRI Apps demonstrated include Survey 123 and Collector.
- June Newsletter Detailing Webinar Link
- Watch Webinar
Look for us at upcoming & recent presentations and events (by organization)
2017 (In Review)
- Operator Training Committee of Ohio (OTCO) March 2, 2017 Water Workshop, Quest Center, Westerville, Ohio B&W Presenter: Julie Weatherington-Rice, Ph.D.
- Operator Training Committee of Ohio (OTCO) Asset Management & GIS Fundamentals Workshop, May 9, 2017. Worthington, OH. B&W Presenter: Ms. Kerry Zwierschke, Ph.D., P.E.
- Ohio Rural Water Association (ORWA) ORWA Annual Manager’s Conference and Exposition, May 15 – 17, 2017. OU Athens, OH. B&W Presenter: Ms. Kerry Zwierschke, Ph.D., P.E.
- American Water Works Association (AWWA) ACE 17 Conference June 12-15, 2017. Philadelphia, PA
- Operator Training Committee of Ohio OTCO Water / Wastewater Class III/IV Workshop. August 2-3, 2017, Deer Creek State Park, Mt. Sterling, OH. B&W (Co-Presenter): Ms. Kerry Zwierschke, Ph.D., P.E.
- Ohio AWWA NE Section, Summer Meeting, August 17, 2017. Canton, Ohio (Football Hall of Fame) B&W (Co-Presenter): Ms. Kerry Zwierschke, Ph.D., P.E.
- National Rural Water Association (NRWA) WaterPro Conference, September 18 – 20, 2017. Reno, NV
- URISA Ohio GIS Conference, September 25 – 27, 2017. Columbus, OH
- Ohio AWWA (OAWWA) 79th Annual Ohio Section AWWA, September 26 – 28, 2017. Toledo, OH
- Ohio Rural Water Association (ORWA) ORWA Operator’s Expo, October 16-18, 2017. Wilmington, OH